On Sunday, the 6th of May 2007, the Immaculate Conception church of Samataya celebrated the 150 years anniversary of its foundation, as well as 200 year anniversary of the
martyrdom of the Blessed Der Gomidas.
His Excellency Archbishop Hovhannes Cholakian, presided the Holy Mass held by His Excellency Archbishop Kevork Khazoumian during which the parish priest of Samatya Church Father Apraham Firatian was present.
After the Holy Mass, the believers were lead to a near restaurant where they all had lunch.
The Church of Sanmatya is dedicated to St. Mary of Immacukate Conception, the Mother of Jesus and was built in 1857 above a small chapel built in 1839.